Call: Social Policy 'Experimentation'
This EUR3.5 million Call, launched on 21 September under the PROGRESS employment and social solidarity programme, aims to promote evidence-based social policy experimentation to address challenges such as to ensure constant adaptation of schemes and measures to evolving social needs; to provide for the participation of stakeholders in all steps of the policy cycle; and evaluation of the social impact of decisions.
The Call focuses on the following topics:
* Social inclusion of vulnerable groups such as Roma, migrants and their descendants, the homeless and youth.
* The quality of child care.
* Active and healthy ageing.
* The transition from education to employment for young people.
Among the actions to be financed are:
* Design, management and evaluation methodology of social experiments.
* Strategies to expand social experiments and translate findings into broader policy measures.
* Cooperation and networking activities.
Activities of 18-24 months duration should begin during the second quarter of 2012.
Deadline: 15 December